cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420 Scanner Image Now Blurry

jtabell
Apprentice

I have a MG5420 printer/scanner for a couple of years. Scanner worked well until recently. Now all documents I scan come out blurry and are useless to email. How can I fix?

4 REPLIES 4

jtabell
Apprentice

Forgot to tell you I have a Mac

Ramona
Authority

Hi jtabell,

We can calibrate the scanner to see if this will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Start IJ Scan Utility by going to the Go menu of Finder, selecting Applications, then double-clicking the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.

2. Click the SCANGEAR button from the main screen.

3. Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the window that appears.

4. Click on the Preferences button at the bottom of the window.

5. On the SCANNER tab, in the Calibration Settings section, ensure that the Execute at Calibration at Every Scan setting is set to ON, then press the OK button.

6. Click the blue PREVIEW button to preview the image you are trying to scan.

7. Make any needed adjustments, then click the green SCAN button to scan the image.

If you still experience the same issue, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

newbie111
Apprentice

If you're using the Apple program Preview - you may need to set the resolution to a higher number.  If it's the first time using the program & scanner, it may be set to the lowest; 25 DPI... try setting that to 150 or 300.  You really only need 600 if you're scanning for hi-res. Robot Happy

wjstucson
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA 920 and use a mini-mac computer.  The PIXMA scanner produces sharp images over the past 3 years, but now the scanned images are blurry.  What do I need to do to get sharp scanned images again?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements