cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner Error PIXMA TS5320

jeffreymcollins
Apprentice

Hello, 

I got the dreaded "failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)" and noting in the previous posts cover the current Mac OS system or my printer model.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, jeffreymcollins!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer, and whether your printer communicates with your computer via Wi-Fi or a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks! My Mac is running Big Sur version 11.4 and the printer and communicates with the computer via WiFi

Hi jeffreymcollins,

Disabling IPv6 on your printer will resolve this issue.   Please follow these  steps:

1.  Click the Apple in the upper left corner of your Mac and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click 1 time on the Canon printer on the left side.

4.  Click the [=] at the bottom to remove it.  Repeat untill all Canon printers are removed.  Leave that window open.

Please follow these steps on your PIXMA TS5320:

1.  Please press OK on the main screen of the printer

2.  Use the down arrow to select Device settings and press OK

3.  Select LAN settings and press OK

4.  Select Wi-Fi and press OK

5.  Select Advanced and press OK

6.  Select TCP/IP settings and press OK

7.  Sselect IPv6 and press OK

8.  Select Yes and press OK

9.  Press OK on Enable/disable IPv6

10.  Select Disable and press OK

11.  Once processing is complete, please repeatedly press the Back button to return to the main screen

Once set, please go back to your Mac:

1.  In the Printers window, click the [+]

2.  In the Add window,  select your PIXMA TS5320 and click Add at the bottom.

Once the printer is reinstalled, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements