cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScanGear "Scan" button does nothing for Canon MG2922

tchubaba
Apprentice

Hi,

Today I ran into an issue while trying to scan a document using my Canon MG2922 printer. Using LibreOffice Writer, I attempted to scan a document by clicking on Insert>Media>Scan>Request. This brought up the ScanGear cannon software, as expected. If I try to preview the scan by clicking the "Preview" button, it works just fine. The scanner runs and gets a preview of the document. However, if I click the green "Scan" button to scan the document nothing happens. The scanner does not scan, no progress bar appears and it just stays on the ScanGear screen. Clicking the "Scan" button several times does not help. I also tried different settings but nothing seems to help.

Also, clicking the "X" button or the "Close" button don't work either. Once the ScanGear dialog appears, I'm unable to close it and I'm forced to kill the Libreoffice task from the Task Manager.

I'm using the latest driver version available for this printer from the Canon website, downloaded from here https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

Attached is the info dialog of the ScanGear software. This is on a Windows 10 64-bit  Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) machine, using the Wireless LAN driver.

scanner_screenshot.png

Note that printing and making copies directly with the device works fine. The only isse is with scanning. I'd appreciate any insight on what may be the cause

Thank you the help!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tchubaba,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner.

2.  In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Click on the IJ Scan Utility.

4.  Click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Are you able to use the IJ Scan Utility to perform your scan?

If not, what error appears?  Is there an error code at the bottom of the error message?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements