cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan

muffin1968
Apprentice

I recently  purchased a canon mg3600 series printer.  For the life of me I cannot figure of how to scan a document and save it to my latop.  Does anyone know how?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi there!

If you've installed the most recent Canon software that came with your printer, and you're still having problems, we recommend reaching out to our friendly, US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for one-on-one assistance. They're available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).

If you haven't installed the software, it can be downloaded from our site HERE

We hope this helps! 

DavidTomblin
Apprentice

In my experience, logging on to the canon web interface with the printer ip address in the URL bar will allow you to access the settings for the printer. More than likely the default password is 7654321. You need to find the SMB settings (probably under Ifax/ email settings in network setting on the printer, and enter an entry in the address book that points to the host name and path of a shared folder on you r computer. Assuming you have a windows box, You can turn off password protected sharing in windows network and sharing center in advanced sharing settings to allow the printer to share and save the file to your computer.

hope this helps

Announcements