cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan

massalski1
Apprentice

I cannot scan on MG2520.  Initially it indicated that I needed to update my MAC from Snow Leopard.  I updated to Yosemite and now the scan comes on and you can hear it scan but there is no indicator after that to lead where the scan goes.  My aim is to scan to E Mail.  How can I do that.

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi massalski1,

The IJ Scan Utility program that comes with the scanner can assist you with scanning a document and sending it via email. Please note that the scan to email function of the program will onlly work with MAPI-compliant email programs that are installed on your computer (for example, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.); if you are using a web-based email service such as Yahoo Mail, Hotmail or Gmail, you will need to scan the item into your computer, then compose an email in the web-based email service and use their attach feature to attach the scanned image/document to the message.

To scan an item to be attached to an email, please follow these steps:

1.  From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, and then the Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.

2.  In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

3.  Click the DOCUMENT SCAN or PHOTO SCAN option on the left pane of the window, depending on what you would like to scan.

4.  In the right pane of the window, locate the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, then click on the radio button next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL option.

5.  In the drop-down arrow next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL field, select your email application. If your email program is not listed, please click the ADD... button to navigate to the location of your email program, then click OK to have that email
program added to the drop-down field.

6.  Once your email program has been specified in the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

7.  Click the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan and attach to email. Scanning starts. When the items are finished scanning, your email program will be launched and the scanned item(s) will be attached.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I think my problem is that I do not have an IJ Scan Utility program and did not get anything with the computer to download.  Can I go online and download this program?  If so exactly what is the downloan called?  When I looked for it only a driver download came up and I do not know if this is the same thing.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements