cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan utility tells me I don't have the required privileges to access the specified folder to scan

darkling1
Apprentice

When I go to scan something it says "You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder." and it will not scan anything.  How do I set this up to where I can scan things.

Model: PIXMA  MG3222 (Printer/Scanner (Multifunction)

32 REPLIES 32

Tiffany

Hi Darkling1!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other error messages or details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

The operating system is windows 7.

I have a Canon MX922, Windows XP and I am having the same problem, please advise!!

I was scanning a few days ago, but today it refuses to scan and get the message, "You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder, code:10,244,7

Run it as administrator. That's how I solved my problem.

I always run everything as admistrator, no other user account is used.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ermel,

Please try scanning while using a different user account.  Please follow these steps to create a new user:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on User Accounts.

3.  Click on Create New Account.

4.  Type a name for this new account and click Next.

5.  Make sure Computer Administrator is selected and click Create Account.

Once created, please reboot your computer and log in with the new user account that was just created.  When Windows loads, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry that did not work, I instead use a 3rd party scanning program to scan. Seems ther's conflict with Canon software and my Windows XP, don't know why and I am not going to reinstall Windows, so I decided to use another scanning program to get arounf this issue. Thanks for all the help. I will find out if this problem persists when I install Windows 7 on another partition of the hard drive...will inform everyone with results, when I accomplish this. Might take a while, though.

I have the same issue with Windows 10 except the code is 9,244,3

I have administrative privileges.

My system is an MG5420 and I can no longer scan with Wndows 10 due to the Error Message "You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code:9,244,3"
Announcements