cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to email using a CAC card

Fourdogs
Apprentice

We just installed 6 Canon IR ADV C5250 MFP’s at a military base. Our vendor has been unable to integrate using CAC cards to scan to email. We want to be able to do is, when we scan to email, insert our CAC card into the USB connected reader and then are prompted for a pin code. The user is then authenticated and the scan is automatically sent to the users exchange mailbox. We can scan to email by manually entering the information but this is not what we want in order to secure the machines. Currently the tech that came to set this up said we use secure print and then try to scan from there. I don’t think that is the right way to do it so hopefully someone has experience integrating CAC card usage for the Canon MFP’s.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Fourdogs!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

I believe in my post that I stated our "dealer" does not know how to do this. When the "dealer" does not know the product well enough to support it and Canon who makes the product tells me to go to the "dealer" should I then tell my buyer to go with Ricoh prnters who were able to get this set up at White Sands Missle Range?

Hello Fourdogs!

Thank you for your response!

We'd like to look into this further for you.  Please email us at canonfriends@cits.canon.com with your contact information, as well as the name and contact information for your dealer.  

We look forward to seeing your email!

The email has been sent with the requested information.

Announcements