cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan / save as PDF with MX920 series Printer WS?

Scribe21
Apprentice

I am new to this. How can I scan a document with this particular printer and save as a PDF? I've read that it can be done, however, the listed file type options only show as BMP, JPG, TIF, or PNG. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

James_C

Hi Scribe21,                     

To scan a multiple page document with your PIXMA MX922, My Image Garden can be used.  To scan using My Image Garden, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Start menu select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and the click on My Image Garden to open that program.

2.  Click Scan on the left hand side.

3.  Click the ScanGear icon on the top, towards the right side.

4.  Click on the Advanced Mode tab.

5.  If you are scanning multiple documents, please choose Document (ADF Simplex) or Document (ADF Duplex) for Select Source.

6.  Make any other adjustments as necessary.

7.  Click Scan.

8.  Once complete, please click Save in the lower right hand corner.

9.  Click Browse to specify a location to save your document.

10.  Give the file a descriptive name.

11.  Select PDF or PDF (multiple pages) and then click Save.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

James_C - Thanks for responding!

However, there is no "My Image Garden" shown when I open the Canon Utilities folder. The only items listed are: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, IL Network Tool, and IJ Scan Utility. What to do???

James_C 

I was just able to scan and save in PDF format by going through the IJ Scan Utility folder. I found that solution online. However, it seems that workaround has to be undertaken every time I want to scan and save in pdf format. Isn't there a way to have PDF permanently added as a "file type" to the scanner's basic New Scan window? 

Hi Scribe21,

You can set the file type to be PDF within the settings of the IJ Scan Utility.  That way, everytime that you select "Document", the scan will be saved as PDF.

To view this, please open the following page from the PIXMA MX922's On Line Manual:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Su-110.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did that. Unfortunately, no PDF as option in file type... 😞

Hi Scribe21,

If you've tried after installing the Canon software, and you're still having difficulty, you'll want to reach out to our US-based team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) or http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Announcements