cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan folder name

MTED
Apprentice

I recently replaced my MX890 series printer with an MX922.  My older printer automatically created new scan folders indexed by the current date, but I have not yet figured out how to do this with the 922.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, MTED!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (which version of Windows or Mac OS X), and which applications you're scanning with. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm using Windows 8, and I'm using the scan application that came with the MX922.

My older MX printers required no further setup for this purpose.  They would automatically generate a new folder for scans each day that the scan was used.  With the 922, I can define a default folder, but cannot dynamically create a new named folder indexed by the date of use.

Thanks again.

Ramona
Authority

Hi MTED,

The IJ Scan Utility that comes with the PIXMA MX922 does not automatically create a folder with the curent date when scans are performed; instead, it appends the date of the scan to the end of the filename of the scanned item.  There is not a way to have the IJ Scan Utility automatically create a scanned folder relating to the day that scans are peformed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona,

Thank you for the reply.  Although I am a great fan of the MX series of printers, I consider this to be a downgrade from the previous versions.  The auto-creation of daily scan folders was a great feature, and I would strongly suggest that it be added to future firmware releases (if that's even possible).

Are other scan products available (replacing the IJ utility) that would work with this device and also create the daily folders?

MTED

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements