cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan failed

twarhol
Apprentice

This is the first time I've seen this message. I recently updated to Windows 10, but have scanned successfully since upgrading. Trying to scan a simple black-and-white document using MP Navigator WX, and only get the message, Scan Failed, on the Scan/Import screen. I'm using the unit wirelessly. I've also tried scanning from the unit directly, but it tells me to "Set the PC to start scanning." Can anyone provide some advice?

8 REPLIES 8

twarhol
Apprentice

Sorry, I'm using an MX870.

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Click Start and open Programs/All Programs.

2. Go to Canon IJ Network Utilities.

3. Go to Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

4. Open the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

Once this has been done, a small scanner icon should appear near your clock on the bottom corner of the screen.

Next, follow these steps:

1. Open the MP Navigator on your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2. Click Preferences.

3. In the Product dropdown menu, select the Network version of the printer.

4. Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the MP Navigator to test the connection.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello , 

besides your explantion, 

I still cannot use the scan function from the printer screen , 

error message , actually in french , 

"set up your pc to launch the scan"

but I already started Canon Ij Utilities , 

activated near the clock .

besides this everything is fine if I launch scan from the pc , 

is there a trick to make the scan work from the printer  ?   

I am on windows 7 professional , X64 pc based, 

on a domestic network , 

wifi router is the one of the telecom box (freebox)

thanks

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem on a Pixma MP145 (MP140 in the West, I believe).  It stopped scanning and simply says "scan failed".  I have unplugged it, uninstalled it, uninstalled all the drivers and software and re-installed them.

I cannot find the Canon Utilities or Scanner Driver.  When I click on "Open Scanner Driver" on the MP Navigator, nothing happens.

Printer prints.  Obviously my printer is "ancient" but since it otherwise works fine, I would like it to scan.

never mind. I have no idea how, but I fixed it. I added a Path in the System, re-installed MP Nav 3.1. The Scanner Utility is also now working.

Hi, I also faced the same problem like yours. How do you install the path in the system. Can you please share with me ? 

Hi Expat, Can you please share with me how do you install the path in the system and fix the scan failed issue of your MP145 printer? Thanks.
Francis
Announcements