cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Icon on Op Screen not working

rossh
Apprentice

I have an iMac with OSX 10.12.1 (Sierra). Purchased a Pixma MG6865 AIO and nothing but frustration to date on scanning side. Prints fine.

I cannot get Wifi to work ... apart from once for a short period. Finally gave up on this for now after multiple reinstalls etc and I am focussing on USB first.

Scanning works well from either System Prefs/Printers and Scanners or from IJScan utility. ie from PC side. However I cannot use the Scan icon on the operating screen. When pressed, the system says "processing" and eventually comes back to Scan screen without scanning. Copying works fine. I have tried resetting Settings in Setup area with no success. 

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

rossh
Apprentice

Exact same issue on MG6865. Appears to be Sierra OSX related as printer works perfectly (including WiFi) under Win 10!

Hi rossh!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

Your printer is an exclusive model to Australia, so you may want to contact Canon Australia for assistance with this, as they'll have more information on driver update availability for your version of macOS. They can be reached by going to https://www.canon.com.au/

We hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements