cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPPORT CODE 300 ON MAC

amyjoanne87
Apprentice

I really need help and I'm incredibly frustrated that I can't call Canon and get help. I'm getting support code 300 on my mac. I have deleted and added/reinstalled the printer countless times. I've done the reset numerous times, and reset wifi almost daily. I need something reliable and this is not working well at all. Should I just go ahead a buy a new printer?

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You've provided a error code (300) Great.

Can you tell us what the model of the printer is?

What version of MAC OS you are using it with?

How the printer is connected? (wifi)?

What driver you installed?

Then, a brief description of the steps you have performed?

Connected the printer to Wifi, and confirmed its IP address is? <

I attempt to install version XX drivers and the installation completes, doesn't comple)te, fails, etc? <

"I have done the reset multiple times"?  (Reset what)? <

Other relevant observations or information?

We want to try and help, but will need more information.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

PIXMA MG3620

MAC High Sierra10.13.6

wifi

I don't understand what you mean by what driver?....

I have installed the canon program to my mac, and reinstalled, confirmed the IP, and it completes. Usually it stays connected for a few hours or even one day. Then I have to repeat all over again because it loses the connection. Nothing is wrong with my wifi.

Gretings,

You must install 2 drivers to use your MG3620 with OS High Sierra 10.13

MG3600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0 (Mac) (For Printing)

and

ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a (Mac) (for scannning)

Both are found here <<<<<<<

Perodic disconnection:

What is likey happening.  Printer is losing its IP address assigned by the wireless router.  

How to check:

After the printer is installed and working, verify its IP address.  Note the address.

The next time ot fails, verify its IP address.  I'll bet its not the same.  Nothing is wrong with your WiFi.  If however the IP address of the printer changes, your computer will not know where to send print jobs becuase the printer's last known address has changed. 

This is a very common behavior when devices like printers which are constant on your network are not assigned a static IP address.  Try telling your router what IP to "always" use for the printer and I'll bet your computer will always be able to "find" it.  Trusting that a connected device will find another device using bonjour or its hostname isn't as reliable as using an IP address. 

If you provide the make and model of your wireless router, I'll try to provide more information.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick – 

I am having the same issue with printing, but I don't know how to do the things you have suggested – I need very specific instructions. Like, step-by-step 🙂

I am able to print from my MacBook Air immediately after turning the printer off-and-on, but not again, I assume because the printer is losing the IP address. Every time I want to print, I have to turn the printer off and on. 

I don't know how verify the IP address.

I don't know how to tell my router which IP address to "always" use.

My router:

Netgear Nighthawk

AC1900 Smart WiFi Router

Modele R7000

My printer:

Canon MG7720

Thank you for your help.

– Jeanie

To JeannieSue and Rick--

I have the same printer and a MacBook Air running Catalina and am having thr same problem.  Sometimes it prints.  Sometimes it quits partway through the page. I have ditzed with the LAN setting, have tried removing the printer and adding it back.. I could have messed up things more with these efforts.  I don't know how to evaluate whether wifi is the issue or how to check the IP address for the printer (and the computer?).  Would appreciate help in stepping through a fix. 

Stevie

I am experiencing the same problem that others are reporting here. I'm using macOS 10.15.5, the printer is Canon Pixma MG3650S.

I've had the code 300 error before, and it took a ridiculously long time to fix, involving going back to the beginning and reinstalling drivers etc from scratch, several times, before it finally -- randomly -- worked.

And now it's happened again.

If I go into System Preferences / Printers & Scanners, the printer is there, but its Location is blank. I don't have a note of whatever IP address it was using before.

Some explicit instructions as to how to deal with this would be appreciated. As with other users, I know hardly anything about computers. That's why I'm here. 

For example, I had to Google how to verify the printer's IP address. It's less easy to Google something like "how to make router always assign the same IP address to my printer" -- that search yields lots of results that don't seem at all relevant. 

It's frustrating to find this same issue being raised time and again on forums, going back years, and yet there being no clear instructions as to how to resolve it. 

Please help.

Printer failure seems to be a chronic, frustrating problem - it certainly is for me.

I have:

• MP 990 Pixma printer
  • Mac book running Catalina 10.15.6
  • ATT modem/router

SOME programs used on this laptop will print just fine. Others will not - I get support code 300.

A useless code if ever there was one: "Your printer is not working. Check your settings."

I went to Canon utilities page to get printer drivers. The message read: "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

Is there no other recourse? The answer seems to be, "Everything is fine." Except it is not.

If the Canon Community has helpful information, I would love to read it. Thanks.

Bigabs
Apprentice

Firstly, this is a Canon issue (rather than a Mac problem) - one which has gone on for at least 7 years judging by posts online. Shame on Canon for continuing to sell printers with this major bug and not sorting it out! Sadly, this is pretty typical of Canon - there are a LOT of bugs in their software.

Anyway, assuming all your computer softwarre and printer drivers are up-to-date, this is the best temporary fix:

1. On your computer, delete the printer (system preferences/ printers and scanners/ [click on '-' button]

2. Shut down your computer. Feel free to try to re-add your printer before doing so, but usually I find the computer can no longer discover it.

3. On your printer, completely reset all network settings (setup/ device settings/ Reset setting)

4. Go to LAN settings and reconnect your printer to your wireless network

5. Turn on your computer, and add the printer (which should now show up as a discoverable option)

6. Printing should now work.

I have at times tried other variances, such as deleting and reinstalling printer drivers from the Canon website, or powering off the printer and holding the 'On' button for a minute, but those don't seem to make much difference.

I hope this works for you. Truly, this is utterly shambolic customer care by Canon. 

Announcements