cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution problem scanning slides with 9000F

jennifer7777
Apprentice

I recently got a 9000F Mark II and I'm trying to scan slides. I need them to be extremely high quality for a print publicaiton. I'm using the IJ Scan Utility and clicking on the ScanGear option. One problem I'm having is that I can't use the highest resolution (9600) because it keeps giving me the error "Scanning cannot be performed unless the crop size, output size, or output resolution is reduced to 10208x14032 pixels or less". But I can't change the So then I select the output resolution of 4800 but I can't edit the output size. The data size is always a giant number, like 76 MB. I preview, then scan, but the final scans are only about 1 MB and when I try to use them in a document, they're teeny tiny. When I open them in Photoshop, the resolution is correct, but the file size is something like 1 cm x 2 cm. That's unusable for what I need.  How can i get quality scans of slides with this scanner? I've changed as many options as I can and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, jennifer7777!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running Windows 7.

I just tried another scan and created a custom output size that was the largest the scanner would allow me to create at 9000x6000 pixels. The output data size was listed as 171MB and I got a warning before I scanned that the file size was over 100 MB and would put a strain on my computer. I scanned anyway and the resulting final scan is only 5 MB. What is going on? This file might be acceptable, but I don't understand the huge discrepancy between the data size listed in the scanning window and the final size of my scanned file. Just looking for tips to maximize the quality of the scans.

I have the same problem, have you got some solution?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Inga,

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

What operating system are you using?

What program are you using to scan?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements