cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseting pixma 2522

Amylogamy
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon Pixma 2522. I am getting the error message error message 1700 Ink absorber is almost full.

This has happened to me many times before. I do a lot of printing and the counter in the printer would display this error message whether the ink absorber is full or not after it has reached the maximum of printed pages in the counter.

I know there is a way to reset the counter. Many people do it and there are videos in UTube how to do it, except that every printer has its own resetting sequence. I cannot find the right one for my Pixma 2522.

Does anybody knows how to do it? The printer is easily replaceable for about $30. It is not worth fixing. I hate to have to throw it away like I have done before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amy

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI Amyloganmy,

If the printer is giving you a waste ink absorber almost full error, it would mean that the absorber is near the end and would need to be replaced. Unfortunately I would not have a way to reset the printer and that part would need to be replaced to prevent ink spilling out of the printer.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements