cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Help: Pixma MG7520 Error 1007

zxvfrr41
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought a Pixma MG7520 and I'm receiving a 1007 error code when trying to print from cassette 1 on 4x6 photo paper.  I have registered the paper size (cassette 1, 4x6) on the printer display menu.  I have verified in the print dialogue window that everything is set for 4x6 and cassette 1.  I have inserted the 4x6 paper in cassette 1 in between the sliders and up against the end of the tray as specified.

When I print, the printer display says there is no paper in cassette 1.  At first I only had one sheet so thought it just wasn't picking up the one sheet so I loaded a stack of 5 4x6 photo paper and still receive the error.

Just an FYI that I am able to print 8 1/2 x 11 plain paper from the cassette tray, so the printer is working.  I'm just not able to get the printer to recognize that there is 4x6 photo paper in the cassette tray.

I have windows 8.1 and have loaded the latest firmware for the printer.

Thanks in advance for any resolution.

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi zxvfrr41,

Since you already have the 4x6 option selected on the printer and in the printer driver window and are still receiving an error, you can disable the "Detect Paper Setting Mismatch" setting on the printer to prevent the error message from displaying.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Flick the HOME screen, then tap SETUP.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap CASSETTE SETTINGS.

4. Tap DETECT PAPER SETTING MISMATCH.

5. Tap NO.

6. Press the HOME key.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Actually, I had called support and found out that there are actually two different trays.  The bottom tray has sliders that fit a 4x6, but that tray isn't used for small photos like a 4x6.

The support person said, "When you pull the bottom tray out, you're palm is facing down.  Keep your hand in the same exact spot, but turn your palm up and you'll realize that there is a tray above the bottom one."  He said that many users do not realize there is a second tray, and to be honest, it's not illustrated in the manual.

In any case, thank you for the reply.

Hi -- there's NO paper on casette 1.  There never has been any paper there.  I havew been printing all along on cassete to until it stopped working.  Is there any way to print on cassette 2 as always? 

curehome
Apprentice

I just figured it out. Tray 1 is above the bottompaper tray. If you take out the bottom paper tray you will see the second tray. This tray also contains the tray to print cds.

Announcements