cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Faxes on my PIXMA MX340

fortunati
Apprentice

I never had a problem receiving faxes until AT&T made a change in my phone service. I have been told that AT&T is moving toward getting rid of their copper wiring, and unbeknownst to me they changed my phone service. However, I can send faxes, so it makes no sense to me why I cannot receive them.

I have a phone line with an attached answering machine. I have tried many ways, but to no avail. Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fortunati,

I would recommend contacting our support group to narrow down this issue. They will be able to test the fax with you in real time. You can contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Arthur. But Canon tells me they do not support my printer anymore. Too old of a printer.

Thanks,

Allegra

Hi fortunati,

You can try lowering the receive speed. Please click HERE for he steps and lower the speed to 9600. You can also turn off the error correction mode by following the steps HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am not sure why the speed would matter. I can receive FAXes when it is FAX only or FAX priority (but then I do not get any regular phone calls), No FAXES when I put it on TEL Priority. Maybe it has something to do with my answering machine or phone?

Hi fortunati,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is narrowed down to when you use the tel priority setting. So we can narrow down the issue from there, we will need some more information.

• Is the answering machine or phone connected directly to the printer?
  • Is the phone line for the printer connected into a wall jack or a modem/router?
  • After how many rings does your answering machine pick up?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements