cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear feeding paper tray

robex
Apprentice

Can anyone give me list of PIXMA MG series or MX series printers which have a rear feeding paper tray

same as the MG5320 and MX892?

33 REPLIES 33

I'm trying to replace my Canon Pixma iP4820, as it won't work now that the ink absorber pad is full. I called Canon to see if I could order that part, but it's not available. I loved the iP4820 as it gave 5 years of good service and I print quite a lot. I was especially fond of the rear feed. I'm really sorry Canon doesn't seem to support a rear feed now, even on regular single-purpose printers.

Note to Canon: Please bring back a simple printer with a rear feed; it is extremely useful, and adjusting to print photos (4x6, etc.) was much easier than the current fiddling with multiple guides in a front paper tray.

Price is amazing but printers are not at all.

Does the MG3222 have a rear paper tray?

Your 2012 statements need updated. as canon and others no longer make rear paper feeders. I have been a multi canon printer customer since the late 70's  and all canon printers had rear paper feeders. Today no canon printer has a rear feeder. Your compitition also quit making rear paper feeders.

Sadly only rear paper feeders have been jam free for various types and sizes o fenvelopes, and various paper sizes and weights from light to card stock.

Canon's deciosion to remove the rear paper feeder has lost untold amounts of customers. as well as the loss of orders for your inks.

Bad design change  by canon .

I simply found another vendor who sold a rear paper feeder and now they also get my orders for ink, So canon loses out on a new order and after market ink sales.

Canon ink is great but pricy ,and  I have always recognized the savings of the ability to buy only one color as needed, instead of buying a combo package that has 3 colors when  only one colorruns out. .   I just wish yCanons Ink tanks  were bigger and prices were lower,

I also do not want, nor neeed,  your glossy paper in this day and age of cellphones cameras,  and computers programs  that can display non grainy pictures on small or  huge screens without being grainy, and also store thousands of pictures. I can decline the "GIFT"  which costs canon  money or I can     give it away.

Too bad canon does not reduce prices when "free" glossy paper, that is not wanted, or needed,  is declined  on a combo ink order. . 

Besides your 5x7 photo paper often curls in inside humidity and does not feed well from the front tray and causes a jam.

Canon also offers o two combo ink products. One 4 pack provides 3 colors and  includes the larger black ink but not the smaller black ink,  and another combo pack  has the same 3 colors and the smaller black ink but not the larger black ink

Unless one goes to different pages both are not shown as options.  Plus...  DUHHH ....  when  there are 5 ink tanks   why not also sell a combo pack with all 5 inks????  and r show all combo packs on the same page??   ( they both come up for the same PIXMA printer  but on different pages via different selections. )

Please bring back the rear paper feeder.(on all wireless models including multitask printers)  with larger seperate ink tanks.  as canon is one of the most user friendly  printers that I have ever used and one of the best .

In the past they also had the best prices.

nk
Apprentice

0 on the list thank our dear Canon engineers. Enjoy Epson!

Cathymurd
Contributor

I have an MX922 (no rear paper feed) and was sold on it because I was told it was tops in quality and reliability with greeting card stock printing.  But I am having nothing but trouble!  Out of every three cards I try to print, there is a paper jam every other time.  (The stock I am using is 11Mil, glossy 5x7 folded).  Should I just go get another printer?  nd if so, what?

Found a new in box M892 and I love it. Hope you can find one, too!

Bobherrin
Apprentice

Some genius or group of geniuses at Canon decided we don't need rear sheet feeders. For the first time in 20 years I am buying a non-Canon printer so I can have this feature. Check out the Epson line of printers.  

I wasted a week trying to find a Canon multi function with rear sheet feed for my 300gsm card after the demise of my old Canon printer.  Doubly annoying that the specs and pictures of each printer don't show where the paper feed trays are.

Thanks to this thread I now know I've been wasting my time. Canon just lost the homecraft card making customer base.

Announcements