cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scanning problem. Receive error message: cannot write file. Code 10,242,7. Please help

eotw-8399
Apprentice

hi. my error message is very close to this except it says 10,243,7 cannot read file instead of write file. i tried all the fixes listed here in this forum as well as just about everything else everyone else on here has listed on the net and even called canon and tried all their fixes as well to no avail. any ideas?

[open window, place pc at edge gently tip and OOPS! crash! Smiley LOL]

is anyone else getting this error message and if so; how'd you get around it?

fixes tried:

uninstalling

reinstalling

[several times]

deleting all folders canon

ccleaner-both the sweep and registry options with backups of course.

sfc /scannow

chkdsk

thanks,

pf

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, pf!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello. I have the solution with the code 10, 242,7. You only have to install .net 3.5.

I tried several ways to fix this problem unsuccessfully, but when i install this .net for another app, it works perfectly.

I hope it works for you too.

greetings!

thanks! i'll try that.

Announcements