cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 printer won't print from cassette tray

rborgner
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with Outlook on my G6020; no matter what settings I have for the printer (duplex, letter, automatically choose paper source), it always wants to print from the rear tray. If I go into prefereinces from within Outlook, it has my settings set to rear tray. the cassette has paper in it, the paper size setting is correct, and I do not have this issue with other Office programs, such as Word. Very frustrating - it's bad enough the printer is much slower than my Epson color printer, but I just bought this and am considering returning it for this issue alone.

Interesting observation - If I quick print a pdf attachment in an email message, it prints from the cassette...hmmm

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rborgner,

What version of Windows are you using?  If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

You may always contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pcg
Apprentice

I had the same problem and discovered it's not a printer problem. It's a problem with the application software, in my case MS Word 365 on Windows 10. The workaround (until MS decides to fix Word 365) is to open the printer driver (File-Print-Printer Properties), then Page Setup - Print Options - check the box that says "Disable the paper source setting of the application software".

Announcements