Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MG5300 Printer Not Responding.

The MG5300 stops responding when one of the inks is low (or empty).

That is NOT acceptable.  I am trying to print in black and white.

I can Photocopy... but I can NOT use the wireless printer.

Please tell me how to allow me to use the black and white features of the wireless printer even when one of the inks is empty.  It should NOT cripple me like that.!!

Highlighted

Hi thequickbrownfo!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi thequickbrownfo,

The PIXMA MG5300 series printer must have all of the inks installed and contain ink for the unit to able to print.

If you are experiencing a "Low Ink" warning, you will still be able to scan, but not print.

If you are getting a "Ink Out" error, you will not be able to use the unit until the ink is replaced.

These precautions are in place to prevent damage to the printer from occurring if printing with no ink is attempted.  The printer uses the ink to cool the printhead during the printing process.

If no ink is present, the printhead could be damaged.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.