cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon Printer NOT allowing double-sided printing on glossy photo paper

cicilee
Apprentice

So I have a Canon MG6821 printer. I am trying to work on a project for my mom that requires double-sided printing on photo paper. I literally just now bought glossy photo paper that is specifically for double-sided printing, but for some reason my printer does NOT give me the option to double side on this type of photo paper at all. On both my printer and computer settings, there is No option for Brochure/Flyer paper because that's the type of glossy photo paper I recently purchased.

Here's the thing about this though: My Printer is capable of automatic-duplex printing, but for double-sided printing, it's only being allowed to double side on Plain Paper and not photo paper. When I do check off the little box in my printing preferences/settings on my PC computer, I also choose borderless printing for photo purposes, but when I change the type of paper to "Glossy Photo Paper," that checkbox is still ticked, but it's still greyed out.

Shouldn't there be a way for automatic duplex printing on photo paper especially if/when it's specifically for that Purpose? I even have double-side Matte photo paper which is slightly Thicker than plain paper where it's not that much thicker than plain paper. I honestly don't understand why the double-sided printing won't work on Matte photo paper when it's similar to plain paper and not that much thicker than it. 

Is there a way to either change the setting on the Canon Printer and/or my PC in order for me to be able to print double-sided on photo paper? My PC is a Lenovo ideapad 110 and intel core i5. So on my printer, the option is already greyed out under the "Advanced Print," tab along with it being under the "Borderless Print," tab where I don't know if there is a way to get that area un-greyed out to allow double-sided printing on photo paper. And then I'm able to tick the "Duplex Printing," box on my computer when it is set to "Plain Paper," but if I also choose "Borderless Printing," since I'll be printing photos, the box is ticked, but greyed out. I've tried this option from both the PDF file and Powerpoint file since that's where I originally created my project on.

I recently came across a Photo-Editor option for different projects, but is there a way to adjust the PC/Printer settings in order to print double-sided on photo paper WITHOUT downloading any editors?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cicilee,

When using photo paper, automatic duplex is not available.  This is to allow the ink to dry on the paper before printing on the other side.  To print on both sides, the paper would have to be manually flipped over.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements