cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon MG5750 print overlay problem

Amalfi
Contributor

Re examining the prints, I've come to the conclusion that the problem must lie somewhere in the carriage positioning system. As far as I can see the position encoder is the film strip which passes through a sensor on the print head carriage and closes the positioning loop. A reference is made in the manual not to touch or dirty  this strip, or the machine may be damaged. I'm going to attempt to get at this strip and maybe some how clean/replace it. If I don't succeed, it's definatelty scrap. I'll post in future as to my sucess of failure.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Thank you for that, been on uk support, downloaded required files and reinstalled etc no difference. Can you point me to a forum dealing with canon printer problems for uk machines, whose only difference I can see is a different model number and supply voltage, unless of course your PSU's are of the univeral type. I posted on this forum because I wondered if anyone else has/had the same [proble, they have! If you have a solution to this, then it would be helpful if you told canon uk, then they could email me with it, or piont me in the way of an approved repairer whom could fix it at a reasonable cost. I can buy alternative equivalent printers from other manufacturers at reasonable prices, but I've always liked the canon operational characteristis of their printers and want to continue with them, but not at exorbitant cost or lack of proper support.

Regards Amalfi

Right, done that. removed side panels, managed to get cotton thread round each end of the filmstrip, and carefully extracted from printer. cleaned off various ink marks and general dirtyness (not much to be truthful). Tried isopropyl alcohol (IPA), -but a better result was obtained using warm soapy water. Dried it off and replaced, and guess what - No difference whatsoever, ah well back to the drawing board. Perhaps it's the photocell reader on the back of the carriage? But I can't see a way of getting at that easily.

Right, not only can I see an easy way of getting to the photo assy on the carriage, but made the fatal mistake uf unpluging and pluging the printer via the socket on the rear of the printer, but  heard variuos "sparky sounds" when I did so. I assume that the spikes induced in the psu finally killed it. Now I've no power, psu is now a "dead parrot" ( ref Monty Python). Psu definately U/S, removed from m/c and tested on bench, nothing inside seems burnt, or blown, all zeners and diodes test ok. One chip looks iffy, but can't find any info. Thats it. Into the bin, after stripping any parts I may find a use for!  It's my own fault, should have been more careful about powering up and down!!!! Over and out, signing off permanently.

And I did'nt find a solution anyway..... Hello Epson -----

Announcements