cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Menu

Hogger1225
Apprentice

I just purchased/installed a new PIXMA TR4522. Canon Quick Menu does not recognize the printer at all, when I start QUick Menu nothing except Easy Album Ordering Service and My Image Garden. I've went through the installation process several time for the printer and Quick Menu and no luck, I can't even select a printer from the preferences menu, the printer and scanner drop-down selection bars are blank.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darius
Whiz

Hi Hogger1225.

The Quick Menu is not supported for use with the TR4522.  On Windows, you may access the optional software through the Start menu (Drag and drop to create new panels in the right side of the Start menu), or through pinning it to the Taskbar while it is open (Right-click the icon on the task bar and select Pin to taskbar).  For Mac OS, you may quick-link the icon by dragging it onto the dock; the core executables may be found in the Applications folder >> Canon Utilities folder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hogger1225
Apprentice
Yes, that did answer the question, as I also found out by talking to support earlier this morning. Now the only thing that doesn't work is the "My Printer" utility under Canon Utilities. It gives me a "The supported printer cannot be detected" message. Every other utility works.

Hello.

The My Printer program is also meant to be used with older Canon products. 

For a listing of the programs that are meant to be used with the TR4520 and TR4522, visit THIS LINK.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi Hogger1225.

The Quick Menu is not supported for use with the TR4522.  On Windows, you may access the optional software through the Start menu (Drag and drop to create new panels in the right side of the Start menu), or through pinning it to the Taskbar while it is open (Right-click the icon on the task bar and select Pin to taskbar).  For Mac OS, you may quick-link the icon by dragging it onto the dock; the core executables may be found in the Applications folder >> Canon Utilities folder.

Hogger1225
Apprentice
Yes, that did answer the question, as I also found out by talking to support earlier this morning. Now the only thing that doesn't work is the "My Printer" utility under Canon Utilities. It gives me a "The supported printer cannot be detected" message. Every other utility works.

Hello.

The My Printer program is also meant to be used with older Canon products. 

For a listing of the programs that are meant to be used with the TR4520 and TR4522, visit THIS LINK.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements