cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems printing with a Canon Pixma MX882 not printing the correct document size.

bitzyvt
Contributor

This is a NEW PROBLEM.  Never had this issue before.

I am running Windows8, 64 bit.

I am suddenly Unable to print out Any Postage Labels at NORMAL Size = 100%. 

It coinstantsly shrinks everything to about half size NO MATTER what settings I change.

I've looked through the software and also printer settings and CANNOT find out what is causing the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The assumption is MS Updates caused the problem.
The resolution was going to the Canon USA site.
There were very recent updated drivers available for my printer.
Downloading and installing the updated drivers resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, bitzyvt!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which application(s) you're using to try to print these postage labels, along with any error messages that you might be receiving. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I use the Original Software that came with the Pixma MX882.

I'm printing USPS shipping labels from within eBay and Amazon.

I asked the USPS postal clerk if other had reported this problem with Shipping Labels or documents not printing out the correct size.. SMALL...recently and she said YES, during the last month this has been happening.

Something has changed and I cannot narrow down the source of the problem as it exists with both ebay and Amazon.

Perhaps it has something to do with the US Postal Service (USPS) or Pitney Bowes.

Maybe they (USPS or Pitney Bowes) lost.. eliminated... the data or profiles to be able to use these pixma ink jet printers

The printer is about 2 or 3 yrs old and I've never experienced any problems with it before Now.

I do Not get any error messages.  I simplyl cannot print out shipping labels at the correct size and changing printer settings to increase the size has NO Effect.

Well.... Appears No Answers have been Found.
I HOPE someone finds a solution for this problem SOON.

Hi bitzyvt!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your inquiry! The Canon Forums aren't intended for immediate support needs, so if your question is of an urgent nature, we recommend you CONTACT US to speak with our Technical Support Team either by phone or by email.

We hope this helps!

Thank You. 

I called Canon Tech Support. 

They were Not able to determine what was causing the problem

They recommended I contact my ISP, or my browser's tech support.  sigh.........

There were recent MS Updates.   Perhaps one of those updates causing the printing issues.

Could do a roll back to a timeline when I wasn't experiencing these problems and see if that cures it but that

is a temporary fix (until the next update) and not really getting to root of what is actually causing the problem.

I am not alone with these issues.   Others have experienced it as well.

The only time I experience this problem is when printing Online via external applications through specific sites.

Need to determine what the common demoninator is. 

If I DO find Answers that WORK... will post the results here.

The assumption is MS Updates caused the problem.
The resolution was going to the Canon USA site.
There were very recent updated drivers available for my printer.
Downloading and installing the updated drivers resolved the problem.
Announcements