cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems printing envelopes with MX920 printer

FiddleFit
Apprentice

Using MX920 printer, with Windows 7 op. system, Microsoft Word mailmerge document (linked to Excel list).  It printed the first envelope just fine, and then minutes later after updating the document I was unable to print more! Support Code 1008; says no paper in the cassette (lower), which is not true - that's where the envelopes are loaded.  I tried several times creating a new mailmerge document; reviewed all instructions for printing envelopes with the 920 (multiple times) and followed them carefully; tried decreasing the number of envelopes in the stack to fewer than 10; decreased to only one envelope; turned computer off and back on; turned printer off and back on; nothing has worked!  

Please help; I've wasted a great deal of time on this; very frustrating! I don't find any helpful posts about it.  

Just curious - am I wasting toner each time the printer goes through its warm-up motions? If so, I've wasted quite a bit! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FiddleFit
Apprentice
Just solved my own problem! Misunderstood one of the instructions; I hadn't placed the envelope against the BACK side of the cassette.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FiddleFit
Apprentice
Just solved my own problem! Misunderstood one of the instructions; I hadn't placed the envelope against the BACK side of the cassette.

Thanks! I also wasted an hour. You're right, the instructions are not clear!
Announcements