cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ink cartridges for PIXMA MX-434 Printer

whalawani
Apprentice

HI, 

I bought a Canon PIXMA MX-434 Printer few years ago while I was residing in Dubai, UAE.

I recently moved to Canada. Eventually i ran out of ink. I tried to find its cartridge PG 440 or PG 441, but they seem to be not available any where. After much investigation and search, I have been informed that the cartridge PG 240 and PG 241 would work find since they opeate on the same printer series. PG 240 and PG 241 are for PIXMA MX-432. I bought the cartridges and to my luck they did not work. Now I am stuck with a printer that does not have any cartridges in Canada. Is there a way i can reset the error (USB001) and force it to use the PG 240 / PG 241 cartridges? BTW, the cartridges I have are original Canon brand, paid a 100 dollar for them. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

woolyhead
Contributor
Have you tried to buy a cartridge resetting tool for the PG 240/241? I'm not saying this will work. Just an idea. May be rubbish.

woolyhead
Contributor
Who informed you of this? Have you found a cartridge supplier and told them your printer number and see what cartridges they suggest? Have you tried refilling your original cartridges? After refilling that's when the reset tool comes in useful.

whalawani
Apprentice
I got them from Best Buy. The logic they followed that PIXMA MX-432 and MX-434 belong to the same series 430, so it should work. Well, it didn’t. I haven’t tried ink refill packs, where do I get them? I didn’t find any at Wael Mart or Best Buy, actually this was my initial choice but didn’t find them. What is the cartridge resetting tool? Where do I get them?

I'm sorry, I don't know so what I do is to Google (etc) the question and lots of ink suppliers' or resetting tool adverts appear. These are either self explatory or are interactive so you can repeat the question in full and they will answer next day or so. That's what I do. They also have questions raised by other customers complete with answers so one of these may fit.

Announcements