cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with getting stuff off cd PIXMA mp470 after a "restore" on a Windows 10 desktop

Dave_UK
Apprentice

Absolutely badffled!  I unfortunately needed to do a "restore" after a big messs-up on my Windows 10 sysyem - loosing a lot of stuff in the process (desktop shortcut icons and associated s/w). My MP4250 wireless connected printer works OK but am trying to get back to where I was!!!  The printer itself works OK, but there are no shortcut icons for the "online guide" etc.  I nonchalantly thought I would get all the printer stuff back by putting in the printer PIXMA MP470 Setup CD-ROM.  To my horror, that only setup a shortcut for the "Canon IJ Network Tool" . I feel a bit "lost" without  access to the online guide in case I need to go through the rigmarole of a "Printer Head Alignment"  (I needed to do it once, but don't remember the procedure).  I also miss the online "Image Garden", and associated stuff that used to appear in the bottom RH corner of my desktop!  Am beginning to think that the "restore" set up some "flag" that prevents a normal "setup" operation.  Has anyone any helpful suggestions about this problem???

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dave_UK,

The MP470 was retired in 2013 and is not supported on Windows 10.The last set of drivers released for this model with Windows 8/8.1. As a work around, you can try to install the Windows 8.1(x64) drivers and software on your Windows 10 computer. To do this please click HERE for the printers support page and then click on WIndows 10 and change it to Windows 8.1 in the drop down menu and then install the MP470 series MP Driver Ver. 1.01.

You can then click on the software tab that is on the same page and download the printer software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you Arthur.J - Followed first part of your instructions but got a bit lost in : -

"You can then click on the software tab that is on the same page and download the printer software."

But, I saw an entry for the "Online User Guide" manual - and went ahead to download that and make a shortcut to it - so that satisfies a basic need for me.  Given the fact that the printer seems to be working OK, and the IJ Scan facility has a shortcut present on my desktop - I guess all is "sort of " OK - without actually changing the printer driver!?

The downloaded guide doesn't work as "smoothly" as it used to (I need to click the "Show" button first, and then select items from the list that I want displayed - just clicking a blue-titled item on the displayed window does nothing!  However - Thank you for your help, am no longer "lost"!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dave_UK,

The MP470 was retired in 2013 and is not supported on Windows 10.The last set of drivers released for this model with Windows 8/8.1. As a work around, you can try to install the Windows 8.1(x64) drivers and software on your Windows 10 computer. To do this please click HERE for the printers support page and then click on WIndows 10 and change it to Windows 8.1 in the drop down menu and then install the MP470 series MP Driver Ver. 1.01.

You can then click on the software tab that is on the same page and download the printer software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Arthur.J - Followed first part of your instructions but got a bit lost in : -

"You can then click on the software tab that is on the same page and download the printer software."

But, I saw an entry for the "Online User Guide" manual - and went ahead to download that and make a shortcut to it - so that satisfies a basic need for me.  Given the fact that the printer seems to be working OK, and the IJ Scan facility has a shortcut present on my desktop - I guess all is "sort of " OK - without actually changing the printer driver!?

The downloaded guide doesn't work as "smoothly" as it used to (I need to click the "Show" button first, and then select items from the list that I want displayed - just clicking a blue-titled item on the displayed window does nothing!  However - Thank you for your help, am no longer "lost"!

Announcements