cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Pixma MG 7120

WGrebe1967
Contributor

My 5 year old MG7120 suddenly has developed problems printing. I can print from Microsoft Word but almsot nothing else (e.g e-mails, newspaper articles). WiFi connection is fine. I unistalled the computer then reinstalled driver but problem persists

Please advise. Maybe I need a new printer

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi WGrebe1967,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen of your PIXMA MG7120 and then tap Setup (the wrench and screwdriver icon).

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

Does your printout match the example provided below?

MG7120 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

WGrebe1967
Contributor

Prinout matches

After I posted on the forum I contacted Canon phone support . Since I can print from iPhone support person believes something on my desktop computer is blocking use of the printer. I can print Microsoft word documents but not much else. For example if I try to print an article from a websit my Canon printer is not lsited as an option. Also weirdly on my desktop computer I cannot print e-mails from my AOL account but can print e-mails from Gmail account

My desktop is an HP computer. Thir customer support staff it is a Canon printer problem not the computer

Unfortunately since each party(Canon and HP) blame each other I am stuck in the middle

Hello.

Since you are able to print from Microsoft Word, the issue is most likely related to your web browser or email application.  If you are printing from the Chrome web browser, change the Destination option to "See More" and see if the printer is available for selection.  If the issue persists, try using a different web browser to print from the web.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Since prior message I solved the inability to print problem  (unplugged printer and computer then plugged  both back in)

I also spent 45 minutes on the phone with a very patient Canon tech support rep. Unfortunately I still cannot scan with my printer. Several attempts to download Canon MP software (which includes th IJ scan software were unsuccessful even with security software on my computer temporarily turned  off.

The Canon rep believes something on my computer setting is preventing download of the software. Unfortunately the tech support form Hewlett Packard (I have an HP computer) was not helpful

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi WGrebe1967,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility and attempt to scan.

What error message appears?  What error code appears at the bottom of that error message?

I receive a message indicating " A scanner driver supporting this software is not intalled. Install it & try again". Code 9,230,0

However despite spending 45 minutes on the phone with a Canon tech support rep, multiple attempts to install the MP software were unsuccesful (even with my security software disabled). The support rep beileved that something on my computer is blocking installation.

Hello, WGrebe1967.

If the MP Drivers would not install, check your Windows services to ensure that the Print Spooler and Windows Image Acquisiition (WIA) services are running. If either is not running, right-click it and select "Start".  Also ensure that each Startup Type is set to Automatic, so that they start when the computer starts up.

Since the method of accessing services is different for each version of Windows, I'm unable to provide specific instructions here.  You may search for more information on accessing Windows services at Microsoft's support site (non-Canon link: http://support.microsoft.com).

If both services are started and running, and the MP Driver still cannot install, you will need to contact the computer's manufacturer for help troubleshooting why the driver is not installing.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Thanks. Both print spooler & image acquisition services are set to automatic so that is not the problem.

As I indicated in earlier message I already contacted Hewlett Packard and they could not help . In fact they told me it was a Canon problem!

So unfortunately since HP and Canon are blaming each other I still have no ability to scan. If it makes a difference this problem developed literally overnight for no apparent reason

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Announcements