cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with My Image Garden.

peteluce1
Apprentice

I'm using a Canon PIXMA MG2450.

On my old Epson scanner I could scan images, save them as jpegs I think it was, and edit them using photoshop etc. But my new Canon printer/scanner comes with a programme called My Image Garden. I do NOT want to use any of the functions of My Image Garden, it is of no use or interest to me. I just want to scan images and store them where I can find them. My Image Garden only offer option of storing them as pdf.

Can I use the Canon scanner to scan images and NOT put them in My Image Garden, and if so how do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

This error indicates that the My Image Garden program is not able to access the default save location.  Please try the following adjustment to work around this:

1.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click Settings.

2.  Click the Scangear tab on the left.

3.  In the "open with an application" area, change this to Finder.

4.  Repeat this adjustment for any of the tabs on the left (Photo, Document, Etc..) as necessary.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hello.

This error indicates that the My Image Garden program is not able to access the default save location.  Please try the following adjustment to work around this:

1.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click Settings.

2.  Click the Scangear tab on the left.

3.  In the "open with an application" area, change this to Finder.

4.  Repeat this adjustment for any of the tabs on the left (Photo, Document, Etc..) as necessary.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael,

That works great for me.

The scanner is still greyed out in the image garden, but I can scan from the IJ Scan Utility and the document location automatically opens in finder.

Great job and you really are a product expert!

Cheers

Paul

I have the same problem 

dlcooper52
Contributor

@peteluce1 wrote:

I'm using a Canon PIXMA MG2450.

On my old Epson scanner I could scan images, save them as jpegs I think it was, and edit them using photoshop etc. But my new Canon printer/scanner comes with a programme called My Image Garden. I do NOT want to use any of the functions of My Image Garden, it is of no use or interest to me. I just want to scan images and store them where I can find them. My Image Garden only offer option of storing them as pdf.

Can I use the Canon scanner to scan images and NOT put them in My Image Garden, and if so how do I do this?

Go to Canon Utilities> UScan Utility.  To get a JPEG form instead of a PDF choose Photo instead of Document.

DavePen
Apprentice

I love my Conon PIXMA MG6150 but My Image Garden (MIG) is a real pain. I need to print on the face of 100 DVDs but MIG takes at least 5 minutes to 'reset' between each print and another 3 minutes to prepare the next. The result is that each 30 second print takes about 10 minutes. And there is no "Do you want to print another disc?" option.

Announcements