cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with My Image Garden.

peteluce1
Apprentice

I'm using a Canon PIXMA MG2450.

On my old Epson scanner I could scan images, save them as jpegs I think it was, and edit them using photoshop etc. But my new Canon printer/scanner comes with a programme called My Image Garden. I do NOT want to use any of the functions of My Image Garden, it is of no use or interest to me. I just want to scan images and store them where I can find them. My Image Garden only offer option of storing them as pdf.

Can I use the Canon scanner to scan images and NOT put them in My Image Garden, and if so how do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

This error indicates that the My Image Garden program is not able to access the default save location.  Please try the following adjustment to work around this:

1.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click Settings.

2.  Click the Scangear tab on the left.

3.  In the "open with an application" area, change this to Finder.

4.  Repeat this adjustment for any of the tabs on the left (Photo, Document, Etc..) as necessary.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Gem4skis
Apprentice

Sorry for your frustration, peteluce1!

I'm a bit foreign to this forum, not checking often enough, but I have learned a little about my scanner, image storage, and the included My Image Garden.

For Win 10, I had to replace my older CanonScan 8800F with a CanoScan 9000F Mark II Scanner.  On my two Win 10 platforms, I have had troubles running My Image Garden, and Canon support has only offered that "other resident software" is conflicting and blocking MIG.  They would not specify what such software might be guilty, and I'm not running exotic software.

IMHO, My Image Garden is intended for after-scan processing, including perhaps the ability to move images among folders.

However, the better approach is to open the Canon Quick Menu and find at top a 'tools' icon (with a scanner and pliers image) for a "scan settings screen to change the settings."  Note the three tabs.  The first tab seems to correspond to settings for software-initiated scans, including automatic scans and scans from the "Main Menu."  The second tab corresponds to scans initiated from the scanner buttons.  For each of the scan or button choices in the two tabs, you may customize various settings including your choice of folder (in any User folders or on attached servers, which I prefer "mapped" to a drive letter) in which scanned images are to be placed.  Make certain to complete customizing by closing with the 'OK' button.

With thses settings, it seems much more convenient to specify folder targets before the scans.

Best Wishes! Smiley Very Happy

Researching further, though, for My Image Garden, I found a link to a newer version, which seems to be working better.  Maybe there is hope!

Search for a thread "Is there a link to download the latest version of My Image Garden?" for info on a new version strangely offered in software for one Canon scanner.

Thank you!

lots of work to achieve this but... 

the arrangement in my software was not as you described, and, "My Image Garden" (more like the thorns around Sleeping Beauty's Castle) could not be unselected  from all the scan options, and "open no application" was not an option for some

but

sending EVERY kind of scan to my windows folder resulted in my windows folder opening instead of the "MIG" that locked my computer up for the time it takes me to go downstairs and reheat my coffee... and return to find all open softeware still frozen by "My Image Garden" 

thank you so much!

dlcooper52
Contributor

Exact same problem here.  New to Canon.  Just want to scan as jpg or png and save to desktop.  Can't find an Image Garden path to do that, though I diligently looked.  Have to assume it's doable rather than a app weakness.

Will be grateful for assistance.   ---Oldster

Hi dlcooper52,

Please try scanning using the IJ Scan Utility.

For more information regarding the IJ Scan Utility, please use the appropriate link below:

(for use with Windows)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG2400%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

(for use with OS X)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MG2400%20series/2.0/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks a bunch, Patrick. It's always good for us know-nothing users to get help from knowledgeable, charitable players. .

Hi! New to this whole scanning world but i need help please!

Using my CanoScan 9000F Mark II on MacOS High Sierra. So I am trying to scan my film in using the "Canon IJ Scan Utility" and I clicked "ScanGear". It shows me the previews of my scanned film and looks fine. But when I click scan and it directs me to "My Image Garden" I receive this error message:

"Cannot display the scan result in My Image Garden because you do not have permission to access the folder in which the scan result is saved. Scan again with My Image Garden."

How do I correct this and get "permission" to use My Image Garden or even scan through that software??? 

Hi Marcyvaldez,

Let's start by making sure everything is updated.

1. Click HERE.

2. Scroll down to "Recommended Drivers."

3. Click “Select” next to "9000F Mark II Scanner Driver."

4. Press "Download."

5. Open and run the file.

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

7. Repeat these steps for the ICA Driver.

My Image Garden is listed under “Software,” and can be installed the same way.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

I have the same problem but I've just loaded the latest software today to my Mac OS 10.15.6. Everything works for printing and the image garden, but the scanner is greyed out and if I scan from the IJ Utility or directly from the printer (MX925) I get the same message ""Cannot display the scan result in My Image Garden because you do not have permission to access the folder in which the scan result is saved. Scan again with My Image Garden." but I can't scan with Image Garden as the option is greyed out. Can you help? I loaded the printer driver then IJ software then Image Garden.
Announcements