cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MP970

lookslikeforty
Apprentice

I have had the above mfd for some years and it has been an excellent machine for me.  Two days ago I tried to print a letter but whilst it printed completely it was so blurred it was impossible to read it.  Both colour and b & w were exactly the same.  I had noticed some faintness over recent days and the blacks had a green tinge.

I had been on the website and downloaded some updates, don't know whether these would have affected it .The machine itself appears to be working fine.

I replaced both the PGI-5PK and CLI-8BK cartridges but there was no difference.  So I then performed a clean followed by a nozzle check, but whilst the nozzle check printed all right  the grid at the top wasn't complete and the colours were very faint. 

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but there was no improvement. I then tried to carry out a further clean following the instructions in the manual, but discovered the "Home" button isn't working.

I would very much appreciate any help which the forum is able to give me.  My OS is Windows 8.1

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements