cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up PIXMA TS9120

auburn84
Apprentice

Reading other threads, I fear this can't be solved, but here goes.

I just today received a new printer I ordered, and I can't even get past the setup phase. I've plugged it in, removed all of the tape, and I get an error message Support Code 1851 The paper output tray is not pulled out correctly.

I go through the steps to pull it out, and then I get an error message Support Code 1300 Paper Jam and remove the paper from the following locations: Paper output slot, feed slot, Inside of the scanning unit.

No paper has even been put into the computer. I've unplugged it and turned it off and on several times. Same messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, auburn84!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

BillS
Mentor

Hi auburn84, 

Clearing support code 1851 should also resolve support code 1300.  A video with instructions for clearing support code 1851 can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, I am embarrassed to even post this here, but I had removed the CD slot holder and put it back in, apparently the wrong way. That's what was the jam. It's all working fine now.

Same here but I had already went through all the clearing points wich pretty much had me tear down the paper transport system.  After reading your solution I just removed the dvd loader completly

burntumber12
Apprentice

I set up the printer. It worked but then suddenly after a few days I kept getting an ERROR CODE warning and it would not work. I tried a few of the solutions listed here. What worked (so far) for me was to remove te device the printer from my computor and then reinstall it.

Jakeandshiloh
Apprentice
I had to download and install the latest drivers and software in order to resolve error 1851

ts9120error
Apprentice

SOLVED

Error code 1300 comes up continually.  No paper anywhere in the printer.  Checked all areas as recommended.  Problem finally solved:

REMOVE THE CD PRINT TRAY

It seems like it may shift and make the printer think there is paper jammed. 

Just remove the back roller and reach in to pull out the tray from there.  Voila!  No more errors, printer prints just fine.

Good luck!!

Announcements