cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints only top line

tomjully4
Apprentice

Suddenly today when I tried to print an email, it would only print like the top line or two and then multiple pages.  Will not print entire doc.  When I copy a doc it works, just not when sent from my computer.  How do I resolve?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Great description of your problem...

But we need to know...

What model is the printer

What OS you are running

What application or browser you are printing from (did you try another)?

Is the behavior the same?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is PIXMA G3200. I printed from my laptop through an Outlook email.  The printer had been working fine.  Not sure if I picked up a virus or not through this email.  There was a PDF doc that was embedded in the email itself and not as an attachment.  It printed over 20 pages, some with nothing but a line at the top.  

I rebooted, turned on and off, reloaded the drivers and still it will print only the top part of the page, about 2 inches and following pages are either blank or one line.

The copier does work properly.  I copied a sheet and no issues,  Printed the entire sheet.

What can I do to get this issue resolved?

Hi tomjully4.

To check the ink flow on the printer itself, perform a nozzle check.  Compare it to the example linked at the bottom of the article; if ANY part of it is missing, especially the black net pattern at the top, perform up to two print head cleanings, each followed by a nozzle check to look for improvement.

If the first nozzle check is good, then the problem is on the computer.  If the computer recently experienced an OS update, try removing the printer from your printers list, and uninstalling the drivers, then reinstalling the drivers using the IJ Setup website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements