cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

creative-i
Contributor

Problem 1: When I try to print to my Pixma 2450, a high quality photograph, I get an error. Fast or draft works but of course the quality is no good.

Problem 2: Now the **bleep** thing won't print at all! 'Error occurred while printing'

23 REPLIES 23

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ix_series/pixma...)

Here is the Sierra driver package for your printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I'll check it out. One problem has been solved, well not solved exactly, I just can't print from Firefox (V 54.0) but the inability to send a high quality image to the printer persists. (And I think I might have already downloaded it but it's difficult to find the version number, this Canon software is so ancient, even when its new).

JR,
Wrong printer!

Thank you for taking the time to post that information.

Curiously, I had already attempted that download, to no avail. I have just tried a second time, and lo and behold, everything is back up, and working. 

I can can find both printers in system preferences, whereas there was a blank page previously, and both are working as they should.

Whatever, I am beginning to think the time has come to think about upgrading my "ancient" MacBook Pro.

Thanks again.

Announcements