Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

Nope, just the 2400 series
New Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to post that information.

Curiously, I had already attempted that download, to no avail. I have just tried a second time, and lo and behold, everything is back up, and working. 

I can can find both printers in system preferences, whereas there was a blank page previously, and both are working as they should.

Whatever, I am beginning to think the time has come to think about upgrading my "ancient" MacBook Pro.

Thanks again.

Occasional Contributor

No I don't. This printer is a piece of garbage! I'm throwing it away and get a proper printer. The problem lies with the printer settings. So if I choose 'glossy paper' or in fact anything other than 'fast', it gives me an error that the paper is the wrong size etc (which it ain't). Worse still, even printing using 'Fast', the **bleep** thing ignores the scale settings! It's junk, pure and simple.
Occasional Contributor

Update: just installed the latest Apple print drivers but it makes no difference! still can't print high quality. Get this message (which is incorrect):

Support Code : 4102 The media type and paper size are not set correctly. Press the printer's Stop button to cancel printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and print again. Refer to the manual for the media type and paper size settings.
VIP

Can you post exactly what paper and what settings you are using? Maybe a screen shot of the Canon driver window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 17.30.49.jpg

VIP

What software are you printing from? Is there an option to not use a preset? Is it possible that the photo software and the printer driver are both trying to control the print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Apple Preview, Photoshop, three or four different packages.

What you see is what you get. Period. There are no other controls to set.
Occasional Contributor

More on this piece of junk called a printer:

Even though there's plenty of ink, it now can't print a page correctly, most of it is missing/faint. So I decide to do a deep clean, which it does even though it says the printer is not connected!!!!!???? BTW, the Test Page prints just fine, so it's obviously NOT the printer but the useless Canon/Apple software.

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 11.34.11.jpg

So after cleaning I ran (wasted) another print 0ff (it's just text printed in the Fast mode). It starts out almost ok (last line missing off Page 1) but by the third and fourth pages it's degenerated into nothing.

Occasional Contributor

Further Update: It seems the only way I can get it to print (in fast mode) is one page at a time. Not encouraging.