cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

creative-i
Contributor

Problem 1: When I try to print to my Pixma 2450, a high quality photograph, I get an error. Fast or draft works but of course the quality is no good.

Problem 2: Now the **bleep** thing won't print at all! 'Error occurred while printing'

23 REPLIES 23

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 17.30.49.jpg

What software are you printing from? Is there an option to not use a preset? Is it possible that the photo software and the printer driver are both trying to control the print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Apple Preview, Photoshop, three or four different packages.

What you see is what you get. Period. There are no other controls to set.

More on this piece of junk called a printer:

Even though there's plenty of ink, it now can't print a page correctly, most of it is missing/faint. So I decide to do a deep clean, which it does even though it says the printer is not connected!!!!!???? BTW, the Test Page prints just fine, so it's obviously NOT the printer but the useless Canon/Apple software.

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 11.34.11.jpg

So after cleaning I ran (wasted) another print 0ff (it's just text printed in the Fast mode). It starts out almost ok (last line missing off Page 1) but by the third and fourth pages it's degenerated into nothing.

Further Update: It seems the only way I can get it to print (in fast mode) is one page at a time. Not encouraging.

Hi creative-i,

When printing on Glossy Photo Paper, the paper size will need to be set to 4x6; printing on other Glossy Photo Paper sizes is not supported by the printer.  More information on the paper sizes and types to be set if receiving the 4102 error can be viewed here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

4 x 6? What kind of nonsense is this? Are you saying that it will print to an A4 page but only if it's set to 4 x 6?And what of the size of the image (which I notice can no longer be altered via the old percentage option).

This is ridiculous! A complete and total mess! What amateurish rubbish!

Hello.

To print on photo paper with larger sizes, a higher end PIXMA series printer would be needed. 

For more details about what printers support photo printing on larger sizes, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Larger sizes? A4? Come on!

I'm having much the same problem. I am trying to persuade my aging (early 2011) 15" MacBook Pro to communicate with my Canon Pixma iX6850, and with my HP Envy 5532. Neither printer shows up on the printer list, though both will print from my iPad Pro using AirPrint. Like you I have tried the download route, and eventually I get a popup box telling me "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the software update server."

I have a nasty feeling that my MacBook Pro is too old. There is a note somewhere on the Canon website which points out that before updating the OS operating system to mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5, one should make a "commercial decision". Reading further, I take that to mean that Canon are not going to update their drivers to work with older machines.

Hence the commercial decision. Do I update my computer so things work again? Ughh!

Announcements