Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

Problem 1: When I try to print to my Pixma 2450, a high quality photograph, I get an error. Fast or draft works but of course the quality is no good.

Problem 2: Now the **bleep** thing won't print at all! 'Error occurred while printing'

Re: Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

Hi creative-i!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest reaching out to support for assistance in this matter.

If you're in the USA, our US-based team can be reached by phone from 10am to 10pm (ET) weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Outside the USA, please click HERE and select your country/region for support options.

Occasional Contributor

HI,

I've already been through all of that! I've downloaded two DIFFERENT software packes from the same link (mac-mg2400-1_5-mcd), before that on the same page it was mac-mg2400-1_4-mcd) but when I try to install, nothing happens with either of them. I double click and NADA.

The link you gave me just takes back to the download section of Canon, which is no good to me at all. Frankly, I'm sorry I bought piece of junk! Two printer cartridges are the same price as the printer!!!!!!!

It will however, print a test page, not that it's any use to me. Clearly the latest OS and this 'printer' (not) don't agree with each other. I'm very disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Not sure if this is your problem/solution, but downloading and installing a printer driver is only half the process.

You have to "add" the printer to the computer in System preferences->Printers and Scanners.\\Select "+" and wait for the printer to appear (not the Bonjour version of the printer.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

I'm having much the same problem. I am trying to persuade my aging (early 2011) 15" MacBook Pro to communicate with my Canon Pixma iX6850, and with my HP Envy 5532. Neither printer shows up on the printer list, though both will print from my iPad Pro using AirPrint. Like you I have tried the download route, and eventually I get a popup box telling me "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the software update server."

I have a nasty feeling that my MacBook Pro is too old. There is a note somewhere on the Canon website which points out that before updating the OS operating system to mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5, one should make a "commercial decision". Reading further, I take that to mean that Canon are not going to update their drivers to work with older machines.

Hence the commercial decision. Do I update my computer so things work again? Ughh!

Honored Contributor

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ix_series/pixma...)

Here is the Sierra driver package for your printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I'll check it out. One problem has been solved, well not solved exactly, I just can't print from Firefox (V 54.0) but the inability to send a high quality image to the printer persists. (And I think I might have already downloaded it but it's difficult to find the version number, this Canon software is so ancient, even when its new).

Occasional Contributor

Been there, done that but thanks
Occasional Contributor

JR,
Wrong printer!
Honored Contributor

When you check in Syetm Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the Bonjour printer version in the Canon series printer version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH