cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problems from OSX 10.12.5

creative-i
Contributor

Problem 1: When I try to print to my Pixma 2450, a high quality photograph, I get an error. Fast or draft works but of course the quality is no good.

Problem 2: Now the **bleep** thing won't print at all! 'Error occurred while printing'

23 REPLIES 23

Stephen

Hi creative-i!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest reaching out to support for assistance in this matter.

If you're in the USA, our US-based team can be reached by phone from 10am to 10pm (ET) weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Outside the USA, please click HERE and select your country/region for support options.

HI,

I've already been through all of that! I've downloaded two DIFFERENT software packes from the same link (mac-mg2400-1_5-mcd), before that on the same page it was mac-mg2400-1_4-mcd) but when I try to install, nothing happens with either of them. I double click and NADA.

The link you gave me just takes back to the download section of Canon, which is no good to me at all. Frankly, I'm sorry I bought piece of junk! Two printer cartridges are the same price as the printer!!!!!!!

It will however, print a test page, not that it's any use to me. Clearly the latest OS and this 'printer' (not) don't agree with each other. I'm very disappointed.

Not sure if this is your problem/solution, but downloading and installing a printer driver is only half the process.

You have to "add" the printer to the computer in System preferences->Printers and Scanners.\\Select "+" and wait for the printer to appear (not the Bonjour version of the printer.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Been there, done that but thanks

When you check in Syetm Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the Bonjour printer version in the Canon series printer version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Nope, just the 2400 series

No I don't. This printer is a piece of garbage! I'm throwing it away and get a proper printer. The problem lies with the printer settings. So if I choose 'glossy paper' or in fact anything other than 'fast', it gives me an error that the paper is the wrong size etc (which it ain't). Worse still, even printing using 'Fast', the **bleep** thing ignores the scale settings! It's junk, pure and simple.

Update: just installed the latest Apple print drivers but it makes no difference! still can't print high quality. Get this message (which is incorrect):

Support Code : 4102 The media type and paper size are not set correctly. Press the printer's Stop button to cancel printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and print again. Refer to the manual for the media type and paper size settings.

Can you post exactly what paper and what settings you are using? Maybe a screen shot of the Canon driver window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements