cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing greeting card on cardstock, Pixma G6020

Brewerpaul
Contributor

I can't for the life of me figure out how to print a greeting card created online on card stock. I have card stock loaded in the rear paper feed, the little flap thing IS closed, but the card keeps feeding paper from the lower tray.

The online manual is no help at all. In fact, Firefox won't even let me download it due to some security problem.

Help!! My wife's birthday is tomorrow!

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brewerpaul,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What program are you attempting to print from?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using Windows 10, recently updated,

Firefox browser, also recently updated.

I was trying to print a printable birthday card from Americangreetings.com  .

After much finagling, I was able to get this to work a year or so ago, but I've forgotten the fix.

Hi! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to print on the cardstock that you loaded in the rear tray of your Canon PIXMA G6020.

There is no “Cardstock” option for the Media Type selection. Therefore, you will need to make sure that the settings for the rear tray are set to the correct size. Then, select Plain Paper as the media type. For information on loading paper in the rear tray and changing the paper size/type options (steps 8-10), please visit the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G6000%20series/EN/UG/ug-106.html

If your cardstock is letter size (8.5x11 inches), the printer may choose to load the regular paper from the lower cassette. Therefore, you will need make sure that the “Paper Source” setting at the computer is changed to the rear tray. You can do that within the Print Dialog box that opens after you select Print.

The print dialog box may look different depending on the application that you are printing from. If you do not see a Paper Source option in the Print Dialog box, you will need to click on the button that shows the printer properties/preferences window.

You will be able to change the paper source to “rear tray” in the printer properties/preferences window on your computer. For more information about changing the paper source setting (step 6) on a Windows computer, please visit the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/G6000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_basic.html

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

No luck. Printing from an online site (Americangreetings.com) I don't get that dialog box when I try to print. If I print from an app on my computer, eg Notepad or Open Office, I do get the correct dialog box, and the paper does feed from the rear paper source.

Hi Brewerpaul,

When you print, are you using a print button on the americangreetings web site or using the print button on the web browser?

Try clicking the 3 line button in the upper right corner and then clicking Print.  The options for printing can be changed there.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements