cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from wrong tray

jla930
Enthusiast

I own a Pixma MX922, printing from an iMac.  I want to print a 5x7 photo.  I loaded 5x7 paper in the upper tray.  Using the Photos app on the iMac, and also the Preview app, I specify the paper size as 5x7, and set the printing up the way I want.  However, the printer keeps grabbing plain paper from the lower tray.  When I go into the print settings within the apps, all I see is "cassette" as the paper source; I don't see where I can force it to the upper tray.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you install the Canon Print driver driver for your MX922, or are you using the default printer support in Crapple OS?

Without the driver, a second tray or alternate paper feed might not be selectable. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

Did you install the Canon Print driver driver for your MX922, or are you using the default printer support in Crapple OS?

Without the driver, a second tray or alternate paper feed might not be selectable. 

I’m not using Windoze.  I don’t need to rely on default drivers. I used the Canon driver. Good luck with your malware.

HI jla930,

If you have the MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 (Mac) installed on your iMac and the wrong paper is still being pulled then troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue.

Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

CANTUR1
Apprentice

same issue frustrating canon software issue for 920.....or so i believe...going HP....

Announcements