cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from the PGBK cartridge produces double over-layered text images, that cause text to be fuz

rgsmith01
Apprentice

Printing from the PGBK cartridge on my Pixma MX922 printer produces double, over-layered, text images causing text to be fuzzy.  It does this most of the time, but not on all lines of text.  This does not occur with text in other colors.  Have realigned and cleaned heads repeatedly, to no effect.  What else can/should be done?  This happened for the first time just recently--after years with no problem.  [Also installed the latest driver, but no changes.  Still using Windows 7.]

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CanonHal
Contributor

I have two MX922 with exactly the same problem. Some lines blurred. Printing to Matte paper or printing in color reults in no blurred lines. Anyone have a fix?

Hi CanonHal,

Please try cleaning the encoder/timing strip:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CanonHal
Contributor
Have done that on both printers with no success

Hi CanonHal,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

I received an email from Canon to contact their technical support to solve this problem. Using their provided link I attempted to do that. It turns out that you must have an account to talk to technical support. I followed the directions to open an account and it froze. Finally I got to a point where it informed me that I could buy technical support but led me to a dead end with no options to do so. Apparently no one at Canon tests their marketing material to see if it works. Shame on you Canon. You can learn a lot from Apple and their no charge customer service. It keeps buyers faithful to the brand.

cghelani
Apprentice
I'm having the exact same issue with my printer. Pgbk double lines. It's comical when they tell you to clean the encoder strip because it prints color just fine and I would imagine the color printing relies on the same encoder strip for alignment.

Sounds like a lot of people having the same issue..known defect with this printer model.
Announcements