Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing area left shifted after printer head cleaning

pacapost
Apprentice

Printer: MG3600
Adobe Illustrator CS5

Mac OS 10.12.6

The printing area left shifted after i do head cleaning, and not able to do real borderless print as the printing area shifted (around 2.5mm to the left).

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pacapost,

Does this issue happen only when printing with Adobe or does the shifting occur when you print from any program?

We look forward to your reply.

If you would like assistance with this issue in real time, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

It apply on all program, include "Preview" program in MAC. One more issue, the paper jam on test print after the head cleaning, will it possible to shifted the printing area (ink area) when pull out the paper manually? How to fix it by myself?

Hi pacapost,

To begin troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend performing a print head alignment. Click HERE for information on the print head alignment.

I would also recommend checking the printer’s margins.

During the print head cleaning, do you recall any issues or incidents that may have caused the printer to shift left? I also note that you encountered a paper jam during a test print. When clearing the paper jam did you pull the paper out the front or the back of the printer? Also, do you know if the paper was jammed towards either the left or the right side of the printer?

Announcements