cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Red over every pic on photo paper

outlaw
Apprentice

I have just had this problem recently.

I have a Pixma ip7250 and every time i print on glosy photo paper or onto printable CD/DVD discs the images come out saturated in pink/red.

At first i thought was ink related issue but i decided to do a test print on glossy paper but chose 'plain paper' in the drop down as 'Media Type'  and they print perfectly, but as soon as i choose the 'photo glossy paper' as Media type then they come out red/pink.

Now i know i can print on glossy paper paper and chose plain in the select box for a temporary workaround but when i do this the ink bleeds a little and you get slight block lines running top to bottom, these aren't that visible unless you look closely but i like my prints to come out as near as i can to original.

This also occurs when im printing directly onto a DVD, but there is no other option for 'media type' like i can for the prints as i described above as a temp workaround.

Using offical canon inks only and there is no problem with the colours on normal paper prints either.

4 REPLIES 4

KDef
Enthusiast
I would make sure that the Main tab in Printer Preferences is reset to defaults. That's the only place I can think of where you can set color adjustments on a per paper type basis.

oneredfish
Apprentice

After owning my MP6220 for a couple of years, I started having a pronounced red cast to every image I printed, too.  I assumed it was caused by an improper or incorrect monitor calibration on my part.  Still, I wasn't able to compensate for it successfully in the printer settings.  Still don't know the cause for certain, but this makes me wonder.

The printer functioned smoothly in every other way, although setting up AirPrint was a bit of a hiccup.

I believe I'm through with Canon.  I'm sure at the very high end of things, they make a pretty good printer.  We the lowly struggling artists just can't afford that fare.

BillS
Mentor

Hi outlaw,

Let's start by printing a nozzle check, to make sure the ink is being distributed.  I have included full instructions for printing the nozzle check pattern HERE.  If any of the color bars are streaked or missing, a cleaning may be required.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Outlaw,

Please use the steps provided by BIllS. Does the Nozzle check look good or did you need to perform a Nozzle cleaning?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements