cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printhead alignment not working. Pixma TR4522

dsavage
Apprentice

No matter how many times I print out the page and scan it in to realign the printhead, it's still printing like this: 

IMG_20200911_0001.jpgAny assistance on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, 

-D 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsavage
Apprentice

I was able to figure it out on my own. 

For future reference for other people, the problem was the timing ribbon that the printhead uses to tell where it is on the paper.  If it gets grease/dirt/etc. on it, it will stop at the wrong time.  (Hence the jaggies in the printouts.) 

The timing ribbon is a transparent ribbon that is about halfway through the printhead.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dsavage
Apprentice

I was able to figure it out on my own. 

For future reference for other people, the problem was the timing ribbon that the printhead uses to tell where it is on the paper.  If it gets grease/dirt/etc. on it, it will stop at the wrong time.  (Hence the jaggies in the printouts.) 

The timing ribbon is a transparent ribbon that is about halfway through the printhead.  

There is a knowledgebase article that coves the procedure for cleaning the encoder/timing strip.  To view this article, please use the following link:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114102

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements