cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't turn on

Dawgpack
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX 922.  It was in the middle of printing a page when it stopped and shut down.  I have disconnected from power and tried a variety of different outlets.  The printer will not power back up.  How do I troubleshoot this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer wont turn on after trying another outlet, then the printer has experienced an internal hardware failure and would need to be replaced.

If the printer is still in the 1 year warranty and you have a copy of the printers receipt, please call us for free at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST so we can look into processing an warranty exchange.

If the printer is out of the 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer wont turn on after trying another outlet, then the printer has experienced an internal hardware failure and would need to be replaced.

If the printer is still in the 1 year warranty and you have a copy of the printers receipt, please call us for free at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST so we can look into processing an warranty exchange.

If the printer is out of the 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

sheri99
Enthusiast

SOLUTION: After a 1:57 hold time with Canon customer service.... I have the solution! (and that was 2 hours, not 2 minutes) If this is happening to you it is very easily fixed. [Removed per forum guidelines]  Although I wish I could sell it to make up for my 2 + hours of time.  Here is what you need to do to fix it:

Completely unplug your router and then turn on your printer (it won't stay on if your router is because of a linking problem with the router, that we are going to fix.)  So this is the step-by-step for the MG6620 and probably those models with similar menus, but whatever model you have just try to get to your DNS Server Setup. That is where the setting is that needs manually changed. So for the MG6620:

On the menu swipe to Setup, then find Web Service Setup then DNS Server Setup. Select Manual.  Press each set of numbers and change them all to 000 except the last set. That needs to be 001. So your DNS will look like this: 000.000.000.001  Click OK, then click No.

That's it. You should be good to print.

You are welcome!  Too bad someone at Canon doesn't just post this somewhere. Would've save a lot of people a lot of headaches, I'm sure. 

Announcements