cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't recognize new ink cartridge

tara2175
Apprentice

I have the MG3620. I replaced the black ink cartridge and it wouldn't recognize it. Thought maybe it was defective so bought another one and it won' recognize that one either. The colour cartridge is empty and has been for some time. The error message seems to be focussed on the colour cartridge. I've tried resetting several times. Doesn't work. I've also tried the stop button to clear the error message to no avail. I could've bought a new printer with what I've spent on replacement ink at this point. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tara2175,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The fact that the same thing is happening to so many people is truly the issue here. It's ridiculous that we have to purchase cartridges that cost more than the printer itself, and the machine becomes faulty in less than two weeks after purchase. I have tried all of these "fixes" here in the forum and called into Tech Support, which only served to frustrate me even more. Just fix the printer Canon! Tech Support did nothing but suggest sending me a new cartridge, so how does that help me in the long run when I have to replace the other cartridge. I think the better soliution here is to just buy an Epson EcoTank.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements