cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't print

cdietrich
Contributor

When I try and print something I get a message that another computer is using the printer. No other computer is connected to it and nothing ever prints from it. I have gotten this message two days in a row now.

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi cdietrich! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you own and what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

Pixma mx490, the opperating system is irrelavent because the problem is with the printer. Nothing on my computer changed and the printer is giving my computer a message that another computer is using it. Yesturday it was as simple as unplugging and replugging the printer in and tonight that doesn't work. Nothing prints out and the printer is on a private network so no other computer has acess to it. Yet the printer thinks it is being using by another computer and yet it does nothing.

Hi!

We requested the operating system, so that our Canon Community and Subject Matter Experts can assist you better. When it comes to troubleshooting connection issues, like the ones you are experiencing, the operating system is needed to provide you with the best instructions for your computer set-up.  

Announcements