cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't print pictures, only text

MarkFL
Apprentice

I have an MX452 All-In-One printer. I don't do a lot of printing, and most of what I do is text. Today I tried printing a picture, and everytime I try I get a message stating that the printer is offline. The printer is NOT offline -- I know this because it prints text just fine, even while the "offline" message from the picture is still displayed.

I am going to pick up some ink later today, as the black is a little low, but surely if this were the problem, I wouldn't be getting an offline message...right?

I am using Windows Vista and printing directly from the computer (not from a website), if that's any help.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi MarkFL,

Since you are able to print text from other programs on your computer, it may be possible that another printer is selected in the Print window of the program that you are printing the pictures from.  Please open that program, then go to FILE and select the PRINT option.  Please ensure that the printer selected in the window is the PIXMA MX452; if it is, also verify that there is only one PIXMA MX452 printer to choose from in the list.  If there is more than one, please try to print by selecting each one.  Once the correct printer is selected, please remove the other printers.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements