cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't print pictures, only text Options

Zuhair_Mohammed
Contributor

hey guys, I have MX 310, it prints only text options, no pictures I did give order to print and chose the MX310 from the lest and it starts and then the paper comes out clean, any idea guys? thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is your MX310 is connected to?  MAC or PC?  (Looks like PC from your other post)?

Running which OS? (Windows 10)?

Have you installed the latest drivers for the OS you are using?  (You will need to use Windows 8/8.1) drivers in this case (32 or 64 bit) Be sure you select the correct version.

Found here <<<<<

Note: This is an older device and may have limitations if you are using it with a newer OS. 

****The release notes for Windows 8 state that the scanning feature "breaks" if you upgrade the OS without reinstalling the drivers.  If this machine was upgraded, reinstall the drivers. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

when I open my image garden the scanner Icon is off and I can't use it, I have to use windows 10 scanner software, any idea guys? 

thank you for the replay, my PC is windows 10 64bit, I installed the latest drivers for the OS that I'm using, I can't use windows 8, or, 8.1, because, it's not supported from all the graphic cards companies, thank you. 

Greetings,

You are running windows 10 and couldn't use the 8/8.1 drivers.

Which drivers did you install then?  Does this mean you are runing the W7 driver in compatibility mode?

While anything is possible, a graphics card should not keep you from installing printer drivers.  What happens specifically when you try to install the Windows 8.1 64 bit driver?  Error message, etc. 

Tell us about your machine.

Window 10 OS

What brand, model and who is the manufacturer?

Is the GPU on board? (Part of the CPU) or do you have a dedicated graphics card installed?

Not sure, need help...

Start Menu > This PC (or Computer) > right-click > select More > properties from context menu > what does it say about the machine, manufacturer information, etc?

or

Start Menu > type System Information > press Enter

Keep in mind, the amount of help and support we can provide depends on the accuracy of the infomation you supply.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.JPG

I just want to inform you, that Nvidia graphic compony and AMD graphic compony does not support Windows 8 or 8.1( that was a deal with Microsoft ), so my graphics card (AMD Radeon RX 5700 TX ) does not work on Windows 8 or 8.1 ( that was a deal with Microsoft too ) so, forgot about windows 8 or 8.1

Hi Zuhair_Mohammed,

Please make sure that your PIXMA MX310 is printing correctly.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the OPEN button to open the Output Tray.

2.  Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.

3.  Press the COPY button.

4.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until 4.MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

5.  Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.  The nozzle check pattern is printed.  Please compare your printout to the example posted below.

Does your Nozzle Check print correctly?

MX310 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements