cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer spitting out blank pages

sfpt154
Contributor

I have a PIXMA MG7120, that has worked really well since the day it was bought it. It doesn't get heavy use. Last night hubby went to print a word documant and all he got was a blank page. I checked settings and tried to print again. Just another blank page came out.

I did all the maintenance steps which printed just fine. Again tried to print and got nothing. Even tried to copy  and again got nothing.

I do realize this is an older printer but why would it do this all of a sudden and no error codes.

Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

John_B
Rising Star

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the software you are printing from and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

Thanks and have a great day!

sfpt154
Contributor

Further information, Tryed to print on a usb wired connection from a windows 10 computer..

Greeitngs,

So maintenance and test pages print and look normal??

Does this behavior occur with all documents you try to print, or just the one word doc?  Have you tried printing other documents or photos from another appilcation?

What happens of you open NotePad, type "AAAAAA" and then print?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I believ I did try to print something else but am not positive so I will try again. I know I tried to copy something and that didn't work.

I believe it is my black ink tank. I was able to print in red. Ordered a new black tank and will see.

Thank you

sfpt154
Contributor

So the new ink tank resolved the issue. The computer still read ink in tank. The red light on printer tank was not blinking. When I pulled out the tank you could see it was completely dry.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

Announcements